Tuesday 5 July 2011

Illamasqua Lipstick in Blaze (review + swatches)



Illamasqua Lipstick in Blaze

I guess the best way to do this review is in the pros and cons form.

PROS:
- gorgeous, bold, vibrant colour ( well, it's definitely orange, but surprisingly wearable orange with coral and reddish hues)
- unusual matte finish
- great staying power
- classy packaging

Illamasqua Lipstick in Blaze on my lips
CONS:
- being matte it lacks the creaminess which is necessary to apply smoothly. It's hard to glide it over my lips. As a consequence of that it:
-applies a bit unevenly (though it's more visible in the picture than in reality)
- you need to press the lipstick hard against the lips, and the result is that it started to move in the container, it screws back at an angle, which produces scratches on the lipstick itself.
Illamasqua Lipstick in Blaze: single-layer swatch
All in all, in spite of the obvious disadvantages, I still love the lipstick and am ready to order more of these.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment