Sunday 3 July 2011

Guerlain: Kiss Kiss Strass lipstick in Cuivre Drape (322) - swatches


I was looking for some lipstick with copper/ brownish hues, so when I saw this one when rummaging in the basket with discounted products at Sephora I thought myself lucky. Unfortunately I must say that I find Kiss Kiss Strass 322 highly disappointing. I'm really reluctant to say this, Guerlain being one of the brands I respect, but I guess almost is wrong about this lipstick. First of all it's really sheer, much sheerer than many of my glosses, hardly provides any coverage at all. On the picture below you can see it applied in countless layers to make it show for the photo.

But the lack of coverage is not the worst thing about it. The problem is that the lipstick applies unevenly. The swatch below illustrates what I mean. What you get are bald, colourless patches and clumpy concentration of shimmery particles. Ugh! What is more, the colour which you finally manage to get disappears within an hour. The only positive thing is that it moisturises lips nicely, when the colour is gone the balm-like effect remains.
I definitely won't use this product very often. Pity, cause it's such a gorgeous colour.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment