Thursday 21 August 2014

Glossybox August 2014


A sequence of disappointments with subscription boxes was completed with the arrival of my August Glossybox and resulted in my cancellation of the subscription. The only thing I really liked about the box was... the box itself and the scent that came out of it. 
Glossybox has failed to deliver anything novel or exciting for months. Most of the brands are Polish or drugstore foreign ones and a ton of stuff comes in tiny sample sizes. I kept getting tons of products I didn't want or need and those I liked weren't worth the money I paid for them.


What I got this time was:
1. Cashmere Polish brand) Illuminator: illiminating, lifting moisturiser for all skin types, sample size. This is actually quite nice. 
2. Iwostin (Polish brand) cleansing gel for face and body. It's ok, but I've managed to get hold of tons of Korean cleansers that seem far more exciting. Full size.
3. Nails inc. Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat. I love Nails inc. but I never wear matte nails. I've got sn Inglot matte top coat which I never use. Full size.
4. Susan cosmetics Concealer Quad. Full size. These concealers have the most peculiar superdry formula that doesn't need to be set with powder, but they don't seem to be too drying. Need to test them more.
5. Olay Anti-wrinkle eye cream. Hate Olay. Got Olay CC cream last week and haven't even opened it. The eye cream will find a new owner soon.
and there were a couple of gifts:
1. Joanna (Polish brand) dry spot balm which I've started using as my lip balm. It's all right but it sits on my lips without absorbing.
2. Organique (Polish brand) Soap bar. I don't use soap bars and I'm not going to use this one even though it smells good and orangey.
3. Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream is a Japanese cream for dry skin. It says on the packaging that it can be used on the lips, so I suppose this is just anither lip balm for me. 


As you can see this box isn't terribly bad, actually most of the subscribers have been more than satisfied with it, but I have decided to keep myself entertained with Memeboxes and order Glossyboxes only if I find anything interesting in them. The loyalty programme isn't efficient enough to make me stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment