Thursday 28 August 2014

Redken Body Full Shampoo, Light Conditioner and Instant Bodifier review


As an owner of ultra thin and fine frizz-prone hair I know there are two contradictory solutions that never become one: either a head full of frizzy, windswept in all directions hair or a sleek, yet flat and greasy-looking hairstyle. 
Redken Body Full set definitely works successfully to achieve look number one.

The whole line targets fine/flat hair and promises volume that defeats gravity. And all the three products deliver what they promise 100%. But I'm unsure whether I like what they make my hair feel and look like. But I'll talk about that later.

When washing your hair with the shampoo, you'll instantly feel that the fullness of your hair increases in your hands, but you'll notice that it'll get all frizzy and tangled. The conditioner promises to provide lightweight moisture and help ease detangling without weighing the hair down, but it seemed to me that it kept only the last promise and left my hair suspiciously dry and not as smooth and ready for brushing as I normally like. 

The combo left my hair visibly volumised, but at a cost. This made my hair dry and shineless, feeling coarse and frizzy. I was under the impression that my hair suddenly turned into straightened afro kind of hair. It's true it was weightless, but it also made my hair weightless and static which meant that with the slightest blow of the wind my hair looked really mad, no matter how flat I tried to flaten it with my straightener. 
I can't say I didn't like the two, I do appreciate the volume it gave me, but I feel straight and heavy Asian hair would benefit way more from using this set.

The shampoo and the conditioner have some kind if weird scent that took me a while to get used to, but I liked it eventually.


The Body Full Instant Bodifier is the most puzzling item in the whole bunch. 
This is a foam, but not the dense aerosol mousse, but the soft one that is created as you pump it. 
First time I used this I made an orange-size ball, which turned to be waaaaay too much for short fine hair. This thing is very sticky and made my hair coarse, frizzy, crisp dry, inflexible, helmet-like and impossible to comb.
The Instant Bodifier will work best for naturally straight, smooth and heavy hair to give it a lift. I myself do use it occassionally, but never more than 2 small pumps and never in combination with the other two Redken Body Full products. It does give my hair some boost when I use hair oils or a smoothing shampoo/conditioner, which tend to make my hair go flat. 

I'm definitely not going to repurchase the shampoo and conditioner, but the mousse is handy, especially when you want to give your hair volume at the roots.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment