Sunday 31 August 2014

MAC Pigment in Blue Brown review & swatches


 I need more eyeshadows like a hole in my head, yet there are some kinds of eye make-up products that will always lure me and one such category is duochromes.
MAC pigment in Blue Brown had been in and out of my basket a countless number of times before I saw it was available in mini size this summer and that was once in a lifetime opportunity for me, so I grabbed it instantly.  


This is a very lovely duochrome eyeshadow with a very red-toned brown base and aquatic blue sheen.  As with all duochromes this looks different depending on lighting, angle, way of application and blending.
If you apply this on bare lids you can get a sheer wash of colour, but if you use a brown cream eyeshadow as a base, you'll bring out the brown tones and achieve more intensity of the colour. If you use a blue base, the blue sheen will become more prominent.

MAC Blue Brown is a gorgeous eyeshadow and I would love it much much more if I didn't have another eyeshadow that is dangerously close to being its dupe. Inglot loose eyeshadow #85 is a very similar, yet cheaper, alternative to Blue Brown.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment