Monday 4 August 2014

Milani Baked Blushes in #05 Luminoso and #10 Delizioso Pink review & swatches





I'd waited for a really long time before I finally resolved to try Milani blushes out. The problem is that while they're relatively inexpensive, the cost of shipping to Poland is usually quite high, which successfully puts me off. However, a 20% off offer from retailers like cherryculture.com can substantially compensate for the money spent on shipping. Such an offer was something I'd been waiting for and finally I took the plunge. I ordered two blushes and two bronzers, which will be reviewed later. 


Milani blushes come in a packaging that I both love and hate. The compacts look pretty and quite expensive, and will look presentable on the dressing table. However,they're quite sturdy. If you're experiencing storsge issues, you'll know what I mean. What's more,  they're quite difficult to open, unless you pry the lid open with your nail. The mirror and the brush come in the bottom compartment which opens each time you lift the lid too high. I don't like mirrors separated from the product as they mean that you can't pick up a product and apply it at the same time. The brush is also totally useless and I can't imagine anyone using it successfully. I wonder why brands don't skip this useless item and lower prices instead.


The shades I picked for a start were #05 Luminoso and #10 Delizioso Pink.


Luminoso is a gorgeous neutral peachy-leaning-beige shade that is all-occassion appropriate. It's shimmery, but not glittery. The finish it offers can be described as healthy glow, but nothing over the top. The powder is very soft and blends beautifully. It can be worn both sheer or built up to display a substantial amount of colour. 


Delizioso Pink is a vibrant, cool-toned peony pink with a matte-but-not-flat finish which to me actually seems kind of satin. The blush is soft and the powder is easy to pick, but it isn't chalky in the slightest. It's got such an incredible texture that glides on almost creamily on my cheeks. The shade is very bright, but doesn't look too crazy on my fair complexion. 

I must say that both of these blushes are strong competitors of their high-end counterparts. Their texture, shades, blendability and performance are truly exceptional. I have a feeling that my romance with Milani blushes has just began!



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment