Tuesday 19 August 2014

Models Own Blueberry Muffin review



This holiday I've developed a strange liking for pastel shades, which have never been my fancy. 
When choosing yet another pastel shade I spotted Model's Own in Blueberry Muffin. I was hesitating between Barry M in Blueberry and this one and the USP that decided about my verdict was that the one by Models Own was supposed to be scented. I've got very good experience with Revlon scented polishes so I thought this would be nice too.
The thing is that this polish isn't scented at all. I couldn't smell anything similar to the scent on the 'scratch and sniff top' neither during nor after the application. So, this failure to do what it promises is a major disadvantage of this product.


The second thing was that the shade was too milky for my liking. I like pastel shades, but this one is basically white with some blue tones. The shade looks darker and more blue-saturated in the bottle than on the nails. But if you like white on your nails, this could be the shade for you.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the formula and the application. Even though the brush is on the narrow side, it fans out at the tip, which allows for effortless application. The formula was opaque and surprisingly streak-free as for a pastel shade. Two coats were more than enough. 
The finish was shiny and even more so when topped with Seche Vite.
So, overall, it's a good polish, the only source of my disappointment is that this didn't fulfil my expectations.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment