Friday 8 August 2014

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Elixir review


I have naturally very pale skin, especially on my legs, so when summer approaches I stock up on self tanners that I hope would give me decent, even sunkissed look.
I got L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Elixir because it promised natural-looking tan that lasts 2 weeks.
So let's see what I found out after going through three quarters of the product.

To be honest, I don't quite know how I feel about this product. On the one hand, I've got a lot of reservations about this self-tanning elixir, on the other I've been using this over the past few weeks obsessively.
The thing is that sometimes this can go on smoothly, the other day it looks patchy. and I haven't figured out what influences the result. I have expert theoretical knowledge about how to apply a self tanner, the exfoliarion, the moisturisation, the mitt, the dilligence and stuff, nonetheless, following all these steps like a checklist I get very different results.
Another drawback is that it clingd like hell to drier parts of my body and the colour develops way stronger on my feet and, as a consequence, also fades unevenly. When all tan is completely gone from my legs, my feet still look very Mediterranean. Exfoliating during the wear period poses a serious risk of the tan wearing off even more patchily.  
It smells beautiful at first, but as the tan develops the horrible biscuit scent of self-tanners creeps out and is really really strong and remains strong as long as your tan is on. 

It seems like the worst self tanner in the world after what you've read above, yet somehow this is the only one I've been reaching for since the beginning of July. I assume I've balanced the good and the bad and the advantages seem to outweight the drawbacks. 
I love how rarely you need to apply this. First of all it takes no time to get this lovely, noticealby deeper shade of your skin. I usually apply this at night and in the morning I'm good to go. Applied twice in a row, this self tanner allows me to match the shade of my legs to my arms, which hardly ever happens.
And then it lasts for about a week without the need to reapply, which is a kind of record as self tanners don't seem to cling to my skin at all. 
I use a mitt to apply most of my self tanners, but since this one isn't tinted I feel using bare hands means more control and I have the impression that I manage to apply this more evenly. 
There's also some shimmer, so if you use this in the morning you won't get instant tan, but your skin will be glowy and nice.

I'm sitting and writing this review and glancing on my legs and I must say my legs have never looked better. L'Oreal Self-Tanning Elixir isn't my holy grail by any means, but I'm ready to overlook the obvious disadvantages for the price of having tanned legs throughout my entire holiday by the lake.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment