Friday 15 August 2014

Korean goodies: Memebox Superbox #29 Burst of Color2 unboxing


Memebox Superbox #29 Burst of Color 2 was released a couple of weeks ago, but it arrived here only now since it came in a value set together with two other boxes, so the overall contents weren't a terrible surprise for me, but the shade selection and the actual preformance of these products were. Here's what I got and thought:


The fact that the box contained the Hope Girl Tinted Cushion Lipstick was reveealed in the Memebox spoiler. Judging by the name and the pictures I somehow imagined this to be a liquid lipstick in the vein of Too Faced melted lipsticks with their sponge tip applicators. What I got, however, is a matte lipstick in a chubby stick form with a built-in sponge. This product is matte and applies smoothly. My shade is #03 Coral Pink which I find quite similar to Maybelline Vivids in Shocking Coral. Neither of these suits my taste and complexion.  


Hope Girl Wonder Magic Mascara is a volumizing, lengthening and curling mascara that looks like Helena Rubinstain's feline mascara. Havent't tried this one yet. Too many mascaras in the stash.


Sua Young Mein Sua Young Mineral Essence in Liquid Foundation SPF33PA+++ is a big surprise for me. First of all, this is the first time I've heard of a Korean foundation, the second thing is how lightweight and runny this is and finally it's quite good at oil control!
I had to press the pump more than a hundred times before it started working.


There are two Beauty People 10 Seconds Auto Eye Liner Pencils in shades complementing each other. The shades are randomly selected from 01 Diamond Bronze/Diamond Beige, which I got, and 02 Diamond Burgundy/Diamond Natural Berry. I'd feared I'd get the burgundy but now I wish I did. But the ones I got arten't bad either. Diamond Beige is a very shimmery, almost glittery gold and Diamond Bronze is a shimmery warm bronze. 
Both are smooth and creamy and don't move once set. 


Hope Girl 3D Powder Blusher comes in either #01 Sexy Rose or #03 Girly Pink. Sexy Rose shade is a pale pink colour with tons of golden glitter. The product is dispensed through a sponge puff in dabbing motion. It would actually be quite nice, if it wasn't for the glitter.


LadyKin Close-Up Decuple Fitting Powder's shade is randomly selected from #21, #23 or #33. Mine comes in shade #23 which is a medium shade with strong yellow undertones. 
This is supposed to be a 'moisturising powder'. Seems like a contradiction in terms, but it might be exactly what I need for my undereye area.

And finally, my absolute favourite item in the box. Y.E.T. Catgirl Waterproof Pen liner Black is amazing! This in no ordinary felt tiip eyeliner. Instead of the felt tip it comes with a very fine tipped brush that draws the thinnest line ever. Gorgeous!

This is a lovely box. There's at least one outstanding find, which makes it worth all the money. The only regret about it is that there isn't much color, except for the lipstick. The name of the box is a kind of misnomer to me, but well, maybe it's just me.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you like them all! But why is there so little color and 2 foundation products which don't count as color products at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that is anywhere near 'burst of color' is the lipstick, others classify as 'nudes' in the wide sense. I'm not disappointed with the product selection, though

      Delete