Thursday 21 August 2014

Korean goodies: Memebox Special #22 K-Beauty Wrap-up No.1 unboxing


When you hear K-Beauty Wrap-up what do you visualize? A BB or a CC cream perhaps? A lip tint? An oil cleanser? A toner or an essence? Noooo. You're terribly wrong. What Korean beauty apparently is about is granny-like smell and pimple control.


Secret Key Body & Dress Perfume Mist. No comment. This box came in a bundle together with the Hair & Body box which contained another body mist. Isn't it too many? Perhaps the boxes should be paired differently?


RiRe  Lip Manicure is actually a bright star of the box. Even though I find the shade too bright (#04 Rich Raspberry) and the packaging badly designed, this is a very decent long-wearing matte liquid lipstick. And looks cute too.


Secret Nature  From Jeju Cream looks very nice, I'll put it to test with pleasure, even though this isn't what I expected. It contsins broccoli, aloe vera leaf, asparagus and carrot extracts that promise to nourish my skin and and create a protective moisture layer.  Sounds like a perfect night cream for me.


The Skin House Dr. Clear Magic Stick Roll is a totally useless, funless gimmick. Apart from the fact that the packaging with the wood grain alluding to spots is clever, this carry-around emergency spot treatnent isn't meant to work at all. I happen to have a bump on my nose so, obviously I used this, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Not only is this thing barely different from water or a Korean toner, but also the roller ball hardly distributes anything.  This thing is more frustrating than useful.


OSEQUE Dual Sun Block is actually something I do associate with Asian skincare.  This one is interesting as it can be sprayed or spread , depending how you like it. Interesting, though this will have to wait till next summer!

W.holic Roll On Perfume, mine is in Blueberry is a roll on oil perfume. This is quite a surprise cause although it smells quite dated and nowhere near what we Europeans classify as Blueberry scent, I actually like the perfume and it's staying with me. It interacts well with my body chemistry and lasts surprisingly long. I would describe the scent as warm, sweet and floral. 

My final thoughts are that although I will find some use for many of these products I don't feel these are what K-Beauty Wrap-up is about. I'm definitely not getting any of these boxes in the future.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment