Thursday 4 September 2014

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail paint in Prickly Pear review & swatches


This summer I fell deeply in love with pastels and gel polishes. Barry M Prickly Pear combines both perfectly, so it quickly became one of my holiday favourites.
I used to be a cacti collector and I possessed semi-professional knowledge about them and I can say that the shade is nowhere near opuntia fruit shade. 
To me this looks like a cross between a pastel lilac and a pastel lavender. Very pretty. 


The colour was fully opaque and streak-free in 2 coats, which is unusual in case of pastel polishes. The formula was just right, neither runny, nor gloopy. 
The polish looked very shiny, but I used Seche Vite on top, so it's probably not due to the polish itself.
The brush isn't flat, but it's fanned out nicely to make application easier. 
The polish wore well for at least 4 days in holiday-in-the-countryside conditions, which is really good.   

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



2 comments: