Saturday 6 September 2014

Milani Baked Bronzer in #07 Sienna and #08 Sunset review & swatches


It's common knowledge that Milani is one of the best drugstore manufacturers of blushes and their baked bronzers also constantly receive positive reviews. This summer they came out with two matte bronzers: #07 Siena and #08 Sunset.

Milani Baked Bronzers in #08 Sunset and #07 Sienna
I couldn't decide on the shade so I picked both, and I'm glad I did, cause the darker shade turned out to be perfect for my sunkissed (self-tan kissed) face in the summer, while the other one will serve me all year round.  

These come in very pretty compacts that look classier than they actually are as when you touch them you sense their plasticky feel and the flap containing the product rattles inside. This is one of these nonsense compacts that manufacturers insist upon. The bottom compartment holds a totally useless, small and scratchy brush and a mirror with can't be used when picking up the product. If the mirror was in the lid and there wasn't the bottom compartnemt, the packaging would be more make-up collector-friendly and wouldn't occupy that much space in the drawer. The picture below shows how much bigger these are than Milani flagship product, their blushes.

Enough of this complaining, now on to the proper review.

Milani Baked Bronzers in #08 Sunset and #07 Sienna

The bronzers themselves look beautifu in their dome shapes. Strangely enough the lighter on is #08 Sunset, while #07 is the darker one. I find it a bit confusing.
#08 is a neutral bronze shade that would suit most complexions with the exception of the palest of pale as in addition to being mid-toned it's also rather pignemted. 
#07 is darker and much more red-toned. This is a good contour shade for more tanned complexions. Due to its red undertone, it's one of these shades that may also serve as contour/blush kind of products for those of us who don't like a pop of colour on their cheeks, but still opt for a chiselled look.  

Milani Baked Bronzers in #08 Sunset and #07 Sienna

The formula of these is most peculiar. Although they are traded as matte bronzers, their texture is buttery soft and turns to this gorgeous satin finish when blended. There's no shimmer or glitter whatsoever, but they also aren't the flat and drying kind of mattes. This formula is to die for and it's a such a rare thing in the drugstore. These two have been my most used bronzers this summer! 



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


2 comments:

  1. I might have to see if I can find these somewhere. I prefer my bronzers to be matte and your description sounds like these are my kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good matte drugstore bronzers are a rare find. These two definitely deserve to be called 'drugstore gems'!

      Delete