Sunday 7 September 2014

Korean goodies: I belivyu Cube Sparkling Lemon Sugar Scrub review


I get superexcited when I receive weird or even gimmicky products in my Memeboxes. I belivyu Cube Sparkling Lemon Sugar Scrub is one of them. 
This product comes in a gorgeous milk glass vial with a cork cap that looks classy and high-end. 
Here's what the leaflet has to say about this product:


So, now that you know what kind of product this is, let me compare my observations with what the manufacturers claim.
First of all one cube is wayyyyy too much to use on the face. I manage to scrub my entire body with one cube! So as not to allow such a waste I chopped each cube in four and now I get the amount that is needed for a facial scrub. 
The second thing is that this product isn't really pleasant to use. This reminds me of washing powder tablets, you need to squeeze them hard to crush them, but the large and harsh chunks feel gritty on the face and make you worry whether this kind of peel will do more harm or good. 
But as you keep massaging your face, the chunks melt and start sort of foaming or mayby not foaming but they feel like soap on the face and they glide on more smoothly. 
I must say that the results are really nice as long as you use this scrub sparingly and crush the dice and mix it with water really well. My face felt smooth and supple each time I used this, though I don't think this moisturised my skin or removed any blackheads. 

This can be a lovely and efficient product if you use it commonsensically. A tiny bit goes a long way. One eighth of the cube is enough to use on the entire face and neck and it's easier to crush and divide into smaller particles. In spite of quite an unpleasant feeling during the application, the results compensate for any kind of discomfort.     



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment