Friday 12 September 2014

Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in #155 Bubble Gum review & swatches



I couple of months ago I got another Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in Surreal and while I liked the polish and the formula, I really hated the brush. Fortunately this didn't put me off getting another one from the line as this one is perfectly fine and turned out to be one of my favourite crazy summer polishes.

The Bubblegum shade is in fact much brighter than the colour I associate with bubblegum. It's almost neon, and it's a cool-toned pink with purplish undertones.  There's also this pearly microshimmer that doesn't transfer onto the nails, but adds depth and prevents the polish from looking flat. 

The polish comes in a pretty standard glass bottle and it has a lovely flat and wide brush which makes the application soo much easier. Combined with the incredible formula that is neither thick nor runny and offers opaque colour in one go (I usually add one more coat, just in case) this polish is a real pleasure to use.

This shade is very far away from what I normally go for, but this summer I allowed myself to go a bit overboard and this polish was a hit for me. I just kept staring at my nails, so bright and pretty this looked in the sunshine! 

This shade is a very close dupe of Revlon scented polish in African Tea Rose, the formula is better, the brush is wider, it's chesper but it's not scented and the packaging is less fancy. So I guess the decision depends on what you're looking for in a polish. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment