Friday 19 September 2014

Summer 2014 favourites


As summer draws to the end, though the weather tries to trick us into believing it's going to last for ever, I think it's time to sum up my holiday obsessions.

In July I ordered my first Memebox and I did truly go out of my mind.  Ordered way too many, but regret none. I've been using Korean cosmetics for years now, but my skincare has never been so elaborate and my skin has never felt so good.


The second strongest obsession were superbright and pastel nail polishes. Until this summer I didn't have a single pastel shade and now there are at least five! 


As far as my favourite face products are concerned, I really adored Nars contour kit in Olympia for its subtle results and  developed strsnge fondness of cream products like Nars Multiples in Altai and Exumas and Bourjois Cream Blush in Healthy Glow.


I used tons of eye make-up products but those I returned  to all the time were Arabian Nights palette from Sleek and Lorac Pro 2 palette. I absolutely adored L'Oreal False Lash Wings mascara, the waterproof one in particular. And the greatest discovery was this Korean eyeliner from Y.E.T.. Catgirl Waterproof Pen Liner has a tiny little brush instead of a felt tip which draws the tiniest little lines so beautifully.


I normally prefer lipsticks to glosses because I don't have time to reapply, but summer is such a relaxed time for me that I don't mind. My most reached for were glosses by Tanya Burr, NYX Butter Gloss, Witch's Pouch and a long wearing matte ones by L'Oreal.


My favourite brushes were Petit Crease Brush by Zoeva that fits in my crease perfectly, Zoeva Luxe Face Paint is an irreplaceable contour brush and Sephora mineral powder brush is incredible when applying cream blushes. 


And finally skincare. I adored IOPE Essential Skin Boosting Serum and Facial Oil for their nourishing and moisturising  properties. Ramosu Collagen Ampoule made my skin supersoft, tightened my pores and helped balance my skin. Dr. Brandt CC mat worked as my sunscreen throughout the summer, I loved its efficiency  and matte finish. With my face kept white due to regular use of the sunscreen I've been using Clarins Radiance Booster which gave my face a lovely, healthy glow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment